1. What is WordPress?
WordPress is a completely free tool used to create dynamic websites. Originally, WordPress was developed as blogging software. In recent times, since WordPress is so robust everyone from web developers to average computer users have used it to build beautiful websites. With WordPress there really are no limits!
2. What is a blog?
A blog is a type of website or part of a website that is maintained on a regular basis by it’s owner with entries regarding commentary, reviews, opinions, and other media such as video. The term blog is actually short for “web log” but can also be used as a verb. In the verb form, “blogging” means to post to your blog.
3. What kind of website can I build with WordPress?
WordPress was originally developed as a blogging platform in 2003. However, it was quickly realized by the community that WordPress could be used to create just about any type of website you can think of! With thousands of templates available WordPress can be used to meet other needs as well:
- Business Website: WordPress is great to launch a business website, build your brand, promote your business, or sell your merchandise online.
- Informative Website: WordPress is easy to use to create a website to offer instructions or anything you can think of.
- Review Website: If you want to build a website to review various products, even other websites WordPress is easily organized with various options and categories.
- Personal Website: Creating a family website, or a website to promote yourself such as a blog is simple with WordPress.
- Photo Gallery: WordPress has hundreds, if not thousands of plugins designed to cusotmize your installation of WordPress. Many of the plugins are designed to convert your installation to a photo gallery or portfolio.
4. How does WordPress work?
WordPress is dynamically driven through the use of a database. You must have the ability to create and utilize a database to use WordPress. WordPress stores all of the information such as posts, articles, and pages in the database.
Since WordPress is extremely customizable, there really is no limit to what type of website you can build using it. With hundreds of templates and themes, as well as hundreds of plugins it’s never been easier to build a custom website using WordPress.